The Amazing Urban Race combines the navigation skills of a road rally and the problem-solving skills of Geo Cashing, all at the frantic pace of a scavenger hunt. This competition offers the best of all worlds for action-packed fun and total team interaction. Popular race locations include New York, Las Vegas, San Diego, Scottsdale, Toronto, Paris, Puerto Rico, San Francisco, Miami, San Antonio, Houston and New Orleans.
Armed with a packet of clues, team’s race against the clock and each other as they sprint or limp towards the final destination. Along the road, teams must choose between tasks at road blocks and may deal with detours or U-turns as they make their way to each pit stop. Amazing Racers generally travel by foot power, but they are allowed to use public forms of transportation as they navigate themselves around to unusual city sites.
Winning teams will record the best times, most accurate checkpoint questions, and most complete bag of scavenger items. Winners will be honored at the final awards ceremony (a popular social venue) with customized race awards.
Team Building Effects
- Increases creative problem-solving
- Encourages time management
- Stimulates strategic thinking
- Promotes individual strengths
- Emphasizes individual roles/responsibilities
- Encourages sequenced planning
- Utilizes peers as resources
- Strengthens positive team attitudes
- Builds relationships
- Simulates team decision making